Role of the Early Help Hub
Situated alongside the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), and part of the Integrated Front Door (IFD), the Early Help Hub (EHH) has the following functions:
- As a result of an Early Help Assessment, or a social care referral which is passed to the Early Help Hub, identifying what help a child and family require to prevent needs escalating and ensure the most appropriate plan and support is put in place in a timely manner.
- Acting as the front door for the County Council’s Early Help District Teams (for example Family Work and SEND specialist services) – the Early Help Hub will be responsible for allocating work to these teams.
- Early Help Coordinators at the hub also provide information, advice and brokering with other services which may be more appropriate to provide the right support.
- The Early Help Hub will also be the single point of contact for all Early Help Assessments, Family Plans and Reviews that have been completed by any agency. They will also track the progress of work and maintain up to date records about the current Lead Professional for families (regardless of which organisation the Lead Professional is from) and outcomes at the point of closure.
- They will also co-ordinate the management of the troubled families cohort and collation of all family progress information required for the national troubled families programme
- The Early Help Hub will work closely with CAMHS to ensure that the child’s needs are most effectively met. The Single Point of Access (SPA) CAMHS will continue to operate for children and young people with significant mental health concerns.
*Additional information including the early Help Assessment is available on the Cambridgeshire County Council Think Family webpage. Please note, you may need to scroll down the page to find the document you require.
Who is in the EHH?
The team is comprised of Early Help Co-ordinators, a Mental Health Worker, a Data and Quality Manager and Business Support Staff. The team will have two team managers and will report to the Early Help Hub Manager.
The Early Help Hub and Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub are located at Chord Park in Godmanchester.