This is a the first half day introductory course, for all those professionals (voluntary and statutory) who work regularly with children and families, and/or adults who are parents/carers and for those who have a greater degree of role accountability and responsibility for safeguarding children’s welfare (Groups 2,3 and 4).
To consider the impact that parental substance misuse can have on children and consider factors within relevant assessments.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to :
- Understand how children may be affected by parental substance misuse.
- Understand how parenting capacity may be compromised by substance misuse.
- Refer to relevant research.
- Have some insight into the wishes and feelings of affected families.
- Approach assessments with greater confidence
Before attending this course you MUST complete the Parental Substance Misuse: Understanding the Impact on Children e-learning which can be found at http://www.scie.org.uk/assets/elearning/parentalsubstancemisuse/website/module2/main.html
Julia Cullum - Workforce Development Advisor, Childrens, Families and Adults