This is a half day basic introductory course which provides an overview into how children and young people access new information technologies, what the safety issues are and how we as professionals can help parents and young people to keep safe.
The day is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who work predominantly or who have regular contact with children and young people: for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding (i.e. Groups 2, 3 and 4).
Aims and Learning Outcomes
- To consider the impact of new technologies on safeguarding and potential risks
- To gain an understanding about what children and young people are doing ‘ on line’
- To consider how professionals can ensure children and young people are kept safer whilst using the internet
- To explore resources available designed for work with children and young people
- Sara Rogers, Manager of Education Child Protection Service
- Lesley Liston, Principle Workforce Development Advisor