This course is for those professionals who may have to attend a child protection conference or who want to feel more confident about the conference process. This is a dynamic course facilitated by Child Protection chairs and includes the latest update surrounding the new ways of working with children and families in child protection conferences.
This one day course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people; for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding and for those who hold positions as professional advisors. (i.e. Groups 2,3 and 4 ). Agencies encouraged to attend include: police, social care, teachers, health professionals and advocates.
To enable participants to:
- Understand their roles and responsibilities when attending Child Protection Conferences, Core Groups and Reviews
- Understand the concept of significant harm
- Be aware of the need to prepare children / young people and parents for a Child Protection Conference, Core Groups and Reviews
- Be confident in representing their agency by presenting themselves and their reports clearly and effectively in Child Protection Conferences
For Participants to:
- Be able to equip themselves for the preparation and planning for Child Protection Conferences, Core Groups and Reviews
- Have had the opportunity to understand how to write effective reports for conferences and to prepare to participate in a mock Child Protection Conference
- To effectively put into practice the skills and knowledge they have learned for Child Protection Conferences, Core Groups and Reviews
Child Protection Chairs and LSCB Training Pool