This is a one day course for those professionals (voluntary and statutory) who work with children and young people and their parents/carers regularly (Group 2); who require a basic understanding of drugs and alcohol their misuse and their effects in terms of Safeguarding.
The Training has been commissioned by the Cambridgeshire Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT).
- An awareness of common drugs, and what they look like
- A basic knowledge of the physical, psychological and social effects of drugs and alcohol
- Ability to recognise drug/alcohol misuse
- Awareness of own attitudes to drug/alcohol use/misuse and how these may impact on your work with adults or young people
- Awareness of current trends in relation to use and misuse
- Understanding of treatment options for adult substance misusers
- Understanding of treatment options for young substance misusers
- Awareness of local specialist agencies working with adults and young people and when and how to refer to them.
- Increased confidence in dealing with drug/alcohol issues they may come across in their roles.
Representative from Inclusion, Addaction and the CASUS Team will be facilitating the day