This is a three hour training course exploring the very ‘basic’ knowledge and skills needed, by those who work with children, young people and families, for safeguarding children and young people.
This course is for those professionals who may have missed their own single agency training in relation to basic Safeguarding Training (Group1). This course is not appropriate as a safeguarding refresher course. The training will focus on all aspects of safeguarding and child protection enabling practitioners to be able to act appropriately if they suspect a child is being abused.
To enable participants to gain the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and responding appropriately to concerns about safeguarding and child protection for children and young people.
By the end of the training session participants will be confident in:
- Understanding what is meant by safeguarding children and identifying the different ways children and young people can be abused
- Their duties and responsibilities in terms of safeguarding children and young people
- Responding appropriately to a disclosure by a child or young person
- Know the boundaries of professional competencies and responsibilities and where to seek advice and support
- Understanding the need for information sharing and accurate recording and logging of concerns
- Locating and understanding their own agencies safeguarding policies and procedures